Tuesday 18 September 2012

Chemistry, that forgotten cousin

I don’t know about the students but I am exhausted, so this one will be short. I know my internal rhythms have something to do with it, but I am sure most of my energy is now in the brains of those students; they stole it. They just couldn't stop asking! and I think they still want more, so I am adding more juice to my lectures to try to get them to love my beloved little molecules.
We've had our first afternoon in the lab and, as good biologists, we had a good fight with the numbers and the units to get the solutions ready. Molarity di qua, molarity di là, we have made quite a few conversions until it seemed that we were all on track and then we have divided the work load in two for the two groups to start preparing everything that we are going to need in these two weeks. It took longer than expected, so we will resume in the morning to make sure we have them ready for the afternoon, and we will leave the juicy lecture on gene expression regulation for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment